Arkansas commits hard at work after Nate Ament postpones announcement

Two future hogs are putting in the work to recruit the highest-rate uncommitted recruit in the 2025 class.
Apr 1, 2025; Brooklyn, NY, USA; McDonald's All American West forward AJ Dybantsa (3) drives to the basket against McDonald's All American East guard Zai Harwell (0) and McDonald's All American East forward Nate Ament (10) during the first half of the game at Barclays Center. Mandatory Credit: Pamela Smith-Imagn Images
Apr 1, 2025; Brooklyn, NY, USA; McDonald's All American West forward AJ Dybantsa (3) drives to the basket against McDonald's All American East guard Zai Harwell (0) and McDonald's All American East forward Nate Ament (10) during the first half of the game at Barclays Center. Mandatory Credit: Pamela Smith-Imagn Images | Pamela Smith-Imagn Images

On Tuesday night, Arkansas2025 basketball target Nate Ament was supposed to announce his school of choice during the McDonald's All-American game. However, hours before the match, Ament postponed his decision.

Nate Ament postpones college decision

"I’m just not 100 percent yet; I want to take some extra time to be completely confident in my choice," Ament told ESPN's Paul Biancardi. "I will connect with the people in my circle and will also be interested to see some transfer portal moves now that the tournament is coming to a close."

With Duke, Kentucky, Lousiville, and Tennessee in the mix with Arkansas, Ament has many people pulling him in different directions. Kentucky commit Malachi Moreno, and future Duke Blue Devils Cameron and Cayden Boozer are recruiting the five-star prospect relentlessly.

Fortunately, Arkansas has its own elite prospects in Ament's ear. Before Tuesday's All-American game, five-star Razorback commit Meleek Thomas gave the media his recruiting pitch for Ament.

"I would say my pitch to Nate has just been if you want to come play with winners," said Thomas. "If you want to come play with winners and play with players that’s really going to be for you...

"I’m telling him to come to Arkansas just because we feel he could really be an asset for our team. We feel he could really like, with us two [Thomas and Acuff Jr.], we already said we could win a natty without nobody else. So imagine we get another high-caliber player like that, and the sky’s the limit for us."

Arkansas' 2025 class is hard at work trying to convince Ament to call the Hogs, but all Razorback fans can do now is wait. Ament is the best uncommitted player in the 2025 class, ranking No. 4 in the country, according to 247Sports Composite rankings. He's also the No. 2 power forward and No. 1 prospect in Virginia.

So far, head coach John Calipari has signed five-star Darius Acuff, four-star 6-foot-7 combo guard Isaiah Sealy, and Thomas to the 2025 class. If Ament were to commit to Arkansas, it would give the Hogs their first true frontcourt player in the class. And with Zvonimir Ivisic and Jonas Aidoo leaving, Arkansas will need every big it can get this offseason.

Schedule

Schedule