We had some great performances by former Arkansas football players during NFL action from Week 7.
On offense former Razorback tight end Hunter Henry caught a pass for a touchdown, his fourth consecutive game this season with a touchdown grab. His touchdown helped the New England dominate the New York Jets 54-13.
On the defensive side of things, Jerry Jacobs, who played for the Arkansas football team in 2020, was a bright spot for the Detroit Lions in the loss against the Los Angeles Rams.
Which former Arkansas football players had the best games in the NFL this week?
With several great performances this week, here are just a few Razorbacks that made a positive impact for the NFL team’s this past week.
- Deatrich Wise, Jr. (New England) – 1 solo tackle and 1 pass deflection vs NY Jets
- Hunter Henry (New England) – 2 receptions, 23 yards and 1 touchdown vs NY Jets
- Jerry Jacobs (Detroit) – 5 solo tackles (7 total), 1 stuff and 1 pass deflection vs LA Rams
- Alex Collins (Seattle) – 16 carries for 35 yards vs New Orleans Saints
- Trey Flowers (Detroit) – 1 solo tackle (3 total) vs LA Rams
It was a great week for Henry and Wise as their teams got a much needed win. The New England Patriots improve to 3-4 after taking down the Jets at home.
It was a touch day for Flowers and Jacobs, as the Detroit Lions continue to struggle this season. The Lions remain the only team that has yet to win a game this 2021 NFL season.
Alex Collins, who continues to enjoy an important role on the Seahawks, took a majority of the snaps at running back for Seattle. The ‘Hawks had their hands full on Monday Night Football against the Saints, falling 13-10 at home.
Razorback fans will be sure to keep an eye on Henry and the Patriots as they travel to Los Angeles to face his former team, in the red-hot Chargers. Will Henry be able to continue his streak of recording a touchdown in a game?