Razorbacks Football: 2017 Signees That Play In Year One

Arkansas Razorbacks Football
Arkansas Razorbacks Football /
3 of 7
Arkansas Razorbacks Football
Arkansas Razorbacks Football /

It’s always nice to get a safety that Alabama offered to come be a Razorback. Especially when the recruit is from Arkansas. 247sports.com actually gave Bama a 60% chance and Arkansas a 40% chance on their crystal ball prediction for where Brown would go.

Montaric is the number one recruit out of the state of Arkansas and the 19th nationally at the safety position. I’m watching his film as I type this and can see exactly why he has the 4-stars, state and national recruiting ranking.

Montaric Brown is the real deal. His speed is about the same as McClellion with a 40 time of 4.50, but on the field, Brown looks a bit faster. Also, like Jarques, Montaric takes great angles to get to the ball and take down the carrier. Although he can hit hard, he does what few at Arkansas have done since 2014. He wraps up.

As I watch him, I can see that there’s no doubt he will be seeing the field this coming season. Montaric is everything that Arkansas was missing at the safety spot. One thing that crossed my mind with him is now that Arkansas is going to the 3-4, Brown would make a good QB spy.

He has enough speed to help if a dual threat quarterback breaks contain as well. Arkansas struggled badly against the dual threat QBs last season but Brown could very well be a neutralizing threat on the defense to that type of opponent. Unlike what I said with Jarques, there’s no maybe here. Montaric is gonna see playing time this coming season barring any injuries or being arrested.