On Saturday, December 11th, 1993, the Arkansas Razorbacks hosted Delaware State at Bud Walton Arena for the first time with a No. 1 ranking at home.
One particular player electrified the crowd in the 123-66 beat down of the Delaware State Hornets. Alex Dillard filled the box score with 12 three pointers made and a total of 39 points in just 25 minutes off the bench. The twelve 3-pointers would become a school record that stood until the opening game of the 2009 season when Rotnei Clarke hit thirteen.
More from Basketball
- Arkansas vs UConn Prediction and $1,000 BetMGM Promo
- Arkansas vs. UConn, NCAA Tournament Sweet 16: How to watch, odds, predictions
- When was the last time Arkansas won the NCAA Tournament? (Odds to win March Madness)
- Illinois vs. Arkansas prediction and odds for NCAA Tournament First Round
- Arkansas Razorbacks all-time round-by-round NCAA tournament record
Dillard made 13 of 25 shots from the field and 12 of 22 from 3-point range. His 39 points are the most by a Razorback off the bench.
The miraculous performance from Alex Dillard would only be the beginning of an incredible journey that led to Arkansas’ National Championship run during the 1993-1994 season. The Hogs went on to finish the regular season as the top ranked team in the nation at 31-3. Arkansas defeated Duke in the National Championship game to earn the Razorbacks’ only title in college basketball.
The Razorbacks will face Delaware State for the sixth time in school history on Friday evening at 7pm in Bud Walton Arena. Arkansas is 5-0 all-time against the Hornets and currently 2-0 for the 2014-15 season.